We tailor service packages for solo artists and companies of all sizes, from smaller, short-term activity to large-scale producing partnerships – offering producing support, PR, marketing, programming, general management and consultancy. We also create our own performance arts and curate/host public engagement activity and educational events.
Producing and arts administration
Whether you’re taking your work to the largest arts festival in the world, planning a rural tour, or need a hand with the day-to-day running of your business, we can help. Our producing and arts administration services include:
- festival presentations
- securing the best possible venue/venue deal
- tour booking and management
- event planning and programming
- project development (creative & strategic)
- monitoring and evaluation
- company management and admin
- marketing, PR and copywriting
- Edinburgh Fringe expertise
Marketing, PR and copywriting
We have 15+ years of marketing, comms and copywriting experience, and help clients with tailored packages to support engagement with audiences, media, and stakeholders.
- PR and media outreach
- content development/planning
- writing for the web and basic SEO
- content idea generation
- editorial articles, blog posts, web copy
- drafting and issuing press releases
- digital and print content audit
- developing marketing strategies
- design and delivery of social media campaigns
- booking showcase opportunities
- crisis management
We also offer a copywriting service for artists and non-arts companies that need help with content only.
On a tight budget?
In addition to a full producing service, including on-the-ground support during a festival/event, we can help artists on a tighter budget with consultations and short-term contracts, covering producing support, PR and venue set-up/liaison.
Typically, our ‘LITE’ service agreements will consist of consultations, admin and preparation work in the run-up to a festival or project. It’s generally based on us delivering the work you need for a fixed number of hours at development and pre-launch stage, not daily on-the-ground support during your actual run.
Service overview document
For more information about how we work, our financial model, what we can help you with (and what we don’t do), take a look at our service overview document (PDF download, 492KB).
Get in touch
If you want to discuss your work with us, just get in touch.
We’re always happy to have a chat, regardless of the size and scope of a project. We’re also firm believers in paying it forward, so if we’re not the right fit for your company or show, we’ll do our best to refer you to someone we know and trust.