We understand that many artists are working to small budgets. And especially when it comes to festivals like the Edinburgh Fringe, which can be an eye-watering experience for your bank balance.
If you’re creating art on a shoestring, we’ve pulled together a producing LITE package of expertise and support, complete with a considerably lower price tag than our all singing, all dancing producing service.
Tailored to your needs…and your budget!
Like all of our producing work, the LITE package is bespoke, focusing on the priority areas where you feel you need extra help. What we charge for our LITE support depends on what you want us to do and how much time it will take, but service fees start from £600.
How is it LITE?
The main difference, compared to our full producing service, is that our LITE support largely consists of consultations, admin and preparation work in the run-up to a festival or project. Typically, it will be based on us delivering the work you need for a fixed number of hours at development and pre-launch stage, not on-the-ground support during your actual run.
What we can help with
The short answer is pretty much anything to do with live arts producing, programming, festivals and events/project management, including marketing and copywriting.
Producing & project management LITE
In 2017, we produced the live elements of the St Andrews Fashion Festival, including coming up with the creative direction for the runway show, sourcing suppliers and models, plus pulling together the printed programme. Early in 2018 we delivered a venue feasibility report for a major, international festival as contracted consultants.
General producing LITE support might cover:
- Project managing the delivery of live arts and events
- Programming tours, fundraisers, charity events and festivals
- Sourcing suitable venues and performers
- Acting as liaison between artists, agents and venues
- Sourcing/managing equipment, suppliers and staff
- Pulling together productions schedules
- Building budgets and financial projections
- Copywriting (marketing info, press packs, blogs, editorial etc.)
- Project managing the creation of marketing materials
- Designing marketing and social media content
- Feasibility studies and reports for the arts
Fringe & other festivals LITE
In August 2017, we programmed The Boards, Edinburgh Playhouse, creating a bespoke Fringe programme of world class artists for the venue including Carla Lippis, Michael Griffiths and Michelle Shocked. At the start of 2018, several artists engaged us to help them source suitable venue and secure the best possible deal for them.
This list isn’t exhaustive, but typical Edinburgh Fringe/other festivals support would cover any/all of the following:
- Finding the best venue for you
- Venue applications and negotiating the best deal
- Edinburgh Fringe show registration
- Marketing planning and delivery
- Writing copy and creating content
- Light PR support or help finding a PR rep
- Advice on pulling together press/promo packs
- Industry engagement advice and introductions
- Pre-Fringe on-the-ground representation
- Sourcing accommodation, staff and equipment options
- Onward touring advice
- General consultation/advice
Want to discuss your project with us?
If you want to have a no strings chat about your producing, programming, project management or marketing needs, just get in touch.